Happiness Through Uncertainty
An online workshop to cultivate gratitude, find joy in times of anxiety, and focus on positive actions that make a difference.
When: Thursday, 23rd of April 2020
- Berlin (CET) 7 PM to 8h30 PM
- London (GMT) 6 PM to 7h30 PM
- New York (EDT) 1 PM to 2h30 PM
- Los Angeles (PDT) 10 AM to 11h30 PM
Where: Zoom (event will be recorded)
Price: $5 (free for Members)
What’s this all about?
As you’ve probably noticed, the world is going through a phase of extreme uncertainty—and as a consequence, a lot of fear and anxiety.
It can be incredibly stressful to not know what’s going to happen with our health, our savings, our loved ones, our job, our society—when things we used to take for granted are suddenly at risk.
But fear is not the answer: if we want to act with a clear head and to be strong for ourselves and our loved ones, we need to step into a calm mindset and find effective ways to cope with the anxiety and panic that surrounds us.
That’s exactly why we’re organizing this meetup: so that we can come together to share good energy, focus on positive actions we can take, and share a few powerful journaling practices that will help us cultivate a calm, positive mindset.
Structure of the meetup:
- Check-In (whole group)
- Welcome and introduction (whole group)
- Journaling exercises and group dynamics (individually + in small groups)
- Check out (whole group)
Please arrive on time. Doors will close 5 minutes after the event start time.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Connecting face-to-face and heart-to-heart with other individuals who want to ditch the fear and step back into a calm, positive mindset;
- A huge boost of motivation, support, and relief to strengthen you in the midst of all the negativity that surrounds you every day;
- Journaling tools you can take with you and apply on a daily basis to focus on gratitude, change your inner narrative, and help you plan your next steps;
- Shifting your focus from what you can’t control to positive actions that will actually help you right now;
- Regaining control of your life in all the small ways that make a difference for you and your loved ones.
How to join and what you’ll need:
- Please be on time
- Join the call from quiet space with a good internet connection
- Don’t call in on a phone, use a computer
- Turn your webcam on
- A set of earbuds can be helpful to cut down on the ambient noise.
- For more support on doing your first Zoom call, check out this support article.
What else do you need?
Ideally, bring your journal or a piece of paper where you can write and take notes, as we will be practicing journaling tools that you can take with you and implement in your daily life.
Tell your friends!
With social distancing being highly advisable right now, we need to stay connected and to inspire, motivate, and uplift each other. Interactive, face-to-face online meetups are an amazing way to do that.
Therefore, if you know of anyone who could benefit from this, please share it with them. If we get enough interest, we might organize a few more of these.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Silvia and Michal