Dream Nursery is a journaling game for one player, with the goal of deliberately choosing dreams to “plant” in a nursery, and then watch them grow or not through a defined time horizon.
The time horizon can be adjusted to fit the player(s) context. For example, a player can create a poster-like page for during their yearly-review to serve for the entire year. On the opposite end of the spectrum, a player might set up a braindump-like page to relieve their heads from ideas, and then choose on one (or more) for immediate execution.
The game can also be played relationally, for example using simple format: checkin / game / sharing / checkout.
- pen and paper (or digital file)
- Decide on the time horizon for your Dream Nursery
- Play a quick mindful transition game (eg. meditative drawing)
- Plant the seeds of the dreams you would like to see grow in your defined time horizon - write/draw them down.
- Set a rhythm in which you’d like to nurture your dream seeds.
Note: Adapt instructions to fit your context.
This was my very first attempt at building a nursery for plants to germinate. It didn’t seem very stable, but it survived a winter storm and as far as I am aware is still standing strong on it’s feet, nurturing another generation of plants 🌱.